Bali’s ‘retro’ food scene has always involved warung’s and push carts. However in Seminyak it comes with a western twist. A true foodie will always be on a hunt for different restaurants and foods to try. And as much as you love the food, the retaurant vibes will compliment the dining experience. We have compiled a list of retro restaurants in Seminyak for foodies who are staying at The Colony hotel:
- Biku – The traditional Indonesian architecture transmits an atmosphere that urges you to immerse into the ancient world of the Island of Gods.
The environment is warm, cosy, and relaxing that compliments their comfort food and high tea menu. Biku is known for its quality and usage of fresh ingredients. Quoting The Sydney Morning Herald: “The only downside is that everyone knows it’s fantastic.”
600m from The Colony hotel, 8 min walking distance
- Motel Mexicola – Our neighbour, Motel Mexicola is known for its vibrant colors and great Mexican food. It is a very popular spot and you can see why: The Mexican imagery, artwork and murals just enhance your dining experience and are something you can’t miss. If you are in Seminyak and in need of a fiesta, Motel Mexicola is the best place to be. So be prepared for delightful Sangria, amazing tacos, mouthwatering quesadillas and so much more.
110m from The Colony hotel, 1 min walking distance
- The Bistrot – Painted in natural stone wash and wood color swatches gives The Bistrot’s dining area has an inviting flair of warmth. The walls are decorated with a variety of antique artifacts giving an overall vintage feel.
In their lounge, you have the chance to taste absolutely delicious food with a balance between local and international cuisine. Located behind a beautiful temple and nearby the Seminyak’s ‘Eat-street’, this place is a true retro-lover must.
1.6km from The Colony hotel, 6 min ride with taxi
- Cosmic Diner – Growing tired of babi guiling? Need a meal to feel like you’re back at home? The Cosmic Diner is here to save the day! The restaurant is inspired by an ‘all American diner’ that serves classic American food such as juicy cheeseburgers, tasty tacos, and finger licking good chicken wings.
6.2km from The Colony hotel, 20 min ride with taxi
- Mama San – Based in a trendy warehouse inspired location, Mama San brings something new to the table of the Bali foodie scene. It is a split level restaurant inspired by the 1920s British Restaurants of the colonial era.
The mahjong tables have marble tops and the ceilings are quite high. The menu is innovative and fun, featuring mainly Chinese cuisine. However, it’s the cocktails that you really need to try at this restaurant!
2km from The Colony hotel, 8 min ride with taxi
Being located in the heart of Seminyak, The Colony is surrounded by many great restaurants, Cafes and nightlife venues. While staying with us we are happy to give you recommendations tailored to your taste.